Friday 2 July 2021

Things That Matter

 Hold me in your arms

I want to cry my heart out.

I want to shriek loud

I want to speak out.

(There isn't any emoji 

which could convey how I feel)


Tell you everything that

hides in my heart,

about worries and difficulties,

of which,

you never have been a part.

(Life beyond smartphone is 

real and tough, 

a smiley doesn't mean

I am fine)


I want to see

Straight in your eyes.

I want to listen to you too

Of everything

bleak and bright.

(An audio-video message 

doesn't convey

the whole truth.

Every time, it looks 

well-rehearsed)


Come, let us sit together

and listen to each other.

Let's share the day's trivia 

And things that matter.

(Sitting together- not like every day,

Side by side on a sofa,

Eyes glued to separate screens

Hands groping for peanuts

In the same bowl)


Let's discuss this in person-

'Things that matter'




Unauthorized (without the explicit written consent of the author of the blog)  use of the content on this blog in any form is not permissible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

क्या तुम

 क्या तुम कभी मेरी  सुबह का हिस्सा बन पाओगे  जल्दी- जल्दी तैयार होते  मेरे अदना सवाल सुन पाओगे  वो चाय की चुस्कियों के बीच की खामोशियाँ  उनम...