Friday 2 July 2021

Born Again


Father has grown old.

Grey hair, like silver.

And on eyes are,

the gold-rimmed glasses.


Brooding, sitting in a corner

or perhaps drowsing,

with head tilted to one side.

Fingers moving lightly 

with each breath,

lips matching the rhythm.


My daughter runs to him

and his eyes light up.

A big smile lights up

the face as well.


In my daughter

I see myself,

sitting in his lap.

I feel born again

being blessed with,

a second lease of life.



Unauthorized (without the explicit written consent of the author of the blog)  use of the content on this blog in any form is not permissible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

क्या तुम

 क्या तुम कभी मेरी  सुबह का हिस्सा बन पाओगे  जल्दी- जल्दी तैयार होते  मेरे अदना सवाल सुन पाओगे  वो चाय की चुस्कियों के बीच की खामोशियाँ  उनम...